The EXPRESS SHARK PCIe Expander enables user to operate PCIe devices over fiber optic cable. Any PCIe device, i.e. multimedia-, SATA- or data acquistion cards, etc., can be connected to the host via the fiber optics connections at distances up to 250 meters. No additional host software drivers are required during installation or operation, the EXPRESS SHARK PCIe Expander works out of the box.
The ET-101 board is to connect single PCIe Gen.2 peripheral boards to an optical link. One PCIe lane is supported (x1), any board up to x16 may be inserted.
- 1 x SFP transceiver with LC connectors
- PCIe x16 device adapter form factor
- comaptible with any PCIe x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, x16 device card
- 2.5 Gb/s or 5 Gb/s PCIe communication
- optical isolation
- reduced system weight and higher bandwith compared to copper cable based solutions
- indepent from host processor or Operating System